About Me

My photo
They say life begins at 40, but I've often wondered who the mystical 'they' are, I'm going for Druids personally, what about you? Despite working in Insurance all my years and still do, I crave a change with more independence for my working day and also greater excitement, which I'm hoping writing will create. So I'm donning my creative hat and jumping in with two big feet. I welcome all and your comments, though please keep it civil. I'm also very interested to link with fellow writers to shoot the breeze.

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Away day to Arran

What am I up to? That's a good question, well for the last two days I was with my wife, Sharon and my lovely and very playful Golden Retriever puppy called Bailey, who turned 1 on Monday.  
This was the first break I've had away with Sharon since all my troubles began last February and those who know me will know what they were.

It was great to get away albeit only one night and we headed off to the wonderful Isle of Arran to stay at the equally wonderful Auchrannie Spa resort.

Thankfully the weather stayed calm and somewhat warm on occasions, which was helpful to the main purpose of walking with Bailey, who adored the beach as usual, who at one point attempted to swim back to Ardrossan in pursuit of two ducks until (thankfully) he realised he wasn't going to win that race and came back.

A visit also to Arran Aromatics and Arran Chesses was eventful as some kindly man, working on restoration at the ferry port managed to hit an electric cable, causing a loss of power to both shops, so shopping by candlelight became the norm.  Still Arran didn't disappoint, with the staff in both shops being as friendly and helpful as you could hope for.  And if the soaps and beauty products aren't to your taste, the brewery is just a short walk further down the road towards the castle.

So it was home yesterday and up today to find the weather has turned for the worst, with hopefully, though not in any way expecting, this to be the last of the April showers.  I'm keeping just about everything crossed for a pleasant enough May and great summer.  Lord knows with financial downturns, Football clubs collapsing, a return to work looming and writers block I need some nice sunshine to look forward too.

ta ta 


No comments:

Post a Comment